Friday, August 26, 2011

Sweet Sponsor: Sweet'n Treats

I mentioned this sponsor yesterday when I shared Lindsay's baby shower with you.  
Bonnie, of Sweet'n Treats, is the sweetest. (Pun intended!)  She whipped up an adorable cherry blossom graphic for me when I told her the theme of the shower. 
I used some of her custom cookie toppers as party favors.  (They can also be used on cupcakes). The toppers were so easy to use! I have to admit that I was a little nervous since I had never used anything like these before, but Bonnie gave simple instructions to follow. 

My friend Megan and I made sugar cookies and frosted them with Megan's standard butter cream frosting.  (Bonnie recommends royal icing, but we tried butter cream since we like the taste better.) 

You just peel the backing off the toppers.  

And press them gently onto the frosting. 

Easy-Peasy!
We let them sit out for awhile to allow the buttercream frosting to firm up, and then popped them into cellophane bags.  I can't wait to use these again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment